Friday, March 27, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
There are some rules with this tag
I need to link to the person that tagged me
I need to share 7 things people may not know about me.
I need to tag 7 people to share 7 things and link to them.
I need to let them know they've been tagged.
1. I am addicted to adoption blogs.
2. I am 38 years old.
3. I have been married for 18 years.
4. I love to scrapbook just don't have the time anymore.
5. I love to see special needs children being adopted.
6. My favorite TV channel is HGTV.
7. I would love to go back to China when Makenna is older. Maybe sooner if God calls us to adopt again.
I have to tag seven to tell seven things about them.
Tiffany at junemakessix.
Caroline at lifeonwisteria
Kristi at fireworksandfireflies
Amy at 4ourkiddos
Carrie at thekreuerchronicles
Robin at journeytoclarabeth
I have been following most of you for a while and would love to know more about you.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Makenna's hair is almost long enough for pigtails I put her hair up today and I thought it was very cute. She looked in the mirror and said pretty. She picks up alot of things from Josh and Kayla some good and some not so good. She has started asking for high fives and gets so tickled when we respond. Last week she had to go to the doctor for double ear infection. She does not run a fever so it's very hard to tell that anything is wrong. Dana found her a little chair that has made her very happy and she is always sitting and relaxing just for a minute though.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
A bit about Saint Patrick...
* He was a pagan until he was 16 years old
* He became a Christian during his enslavement to the Irish marauders who kidnapped him from his family's wealthy estate on the British mainland
* He escaped after 6 years and was so convicted of the need to spread the Gospel that he went to study at the monastery for 12 years
* In saving many souls for Christ, he was despised by the Celtic Druids who were pagans... he was captured and imprisoned by them on numerous occasions, but miraculously escaped each time
* Saint Patrick originated the symbol of the shamrock as he used it to teach the concept of the Trinity: three leaves connected by one stem (and isn't it cool that each leaf is in the shape of a heart?)
* He died on March 17 AD 461, which is why we celebrate his life on this day
* Although he is celebrated as a Saint, Patrick and the early Celtic Church of Ireland rejected any foreign control of the church, recognizing only Jesus Christ as head of the Church. Roman Catholicism was not embraced until many years later
Hope you have a wonderful day.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Friday, March 6, 2009
On Saturday we went to Wilkes County to visit family. We enjoyed playing outside and grilling out. Kenna gave lot's of hugs and kisses. She had lot's of fun playing with cousins. Kenna had her first fudge popsicle and she loved it. We even had some family friends come to meet Kenna. While eating dinner I realized Kenna was running a fever then it was time to come home.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Yesterday we woke up to Snow and no school. Kids were very excited and eager to go outside to play. Kayla and Kenna had fun sledding with neighbors and Josh enjoyed shoveling the drive. Josh was making Kenna walk in the snow and saying look at her waddle. She would take a few steps and then hold up her arms for him to hold her. The kids were upset because they had school today.